ChFC®- Chartered Financial Consultant®
ChFC® MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, in any discipline, from an accredited university, this qualifies as one year of business experience
- Three years of full-time business experience is required; this three-year period must be within the five years preceding the date of the award (part-time qualifying business experience is also credited toward the three-year requirement with 2,000 hours representing the equivalent of one year full-time experience).
- Must fulfill the ChFC® seven course curriculum, as well as two additional elective courses
- Pass the exams for all required and elective courses
- Pass a background check and candidate fitness standards test. You must reveal any criminal history, pending litigation or ethical violations. The CFP board verifies all employment history, qualifications and disciplinary issues via FINRA's Central Registration Depository.